Friday, September 10, 2004

Rip Van Winkle Where are you?
It used to be so nice. Little Mini-Me had been sleeping through the night for so long that I began to take it for granted that was just what he did. Now, through blurry eyes and a grande latte, I am here to report that Jr seems to have suddenly decided he, and as a result his parents too, need to wake up between midnight and 1am. What's going on here? Where is that magic, sleep inducing pixi dust?

And the little bundle of joy doesn't just wake up once, he waits until just about 30 minutes after either of his parents have gotten him back to sleep and have themselves just started to drift off to slumberland - then wakes up again.

As I attempt to fight through the fog within my head, sipping what should have really been a double, grande latte (Tully's only of course - why should I support Starbucks who's ownership of the Seattle Sonics can't seem to make a positive roster move - that and I just don't like their coffee) ... as the sleep weary mind starts to drift..... ok, back again... I wonder if anyone would notice if I took a nap under my desk here at work?

Where was I.. oh, yes "As I attempt to fight through the fog ..." we've covered that part... It's time to recount the continuing development of young master Aidan...

His two additional new teeth are continuing to come in, followed by a flood of drool which would make even the most hurricane hardy Floridian sit up and take notice.

He is crawling all over the place in a rapid fashion. Standing himself up at every opportunity and is even starting to catch himself before actually falling down. He's able to crawl up an entire flight of stairs - much to the delight of Aidan but to the fear of his parents.

He continues to stuff anything he can into his mouth - shoes, keys, toys, my Sea magazines.... all of which are left with the tell tail sign of puddles of slobber and, in the case of my magazine, torn, wet, and missing pages.

No comments: