Thursday, June 03, 2004

I have been reminded by some that I have not posted a new entry into the Aidan Blog for some time. Well, I have no excuse other then just being busy I guess. So, for those wondering how Aidan is doing these days here is an update:

He's just fine.

I have come to the conclusion that I am nothing more then an animated toy to young master Aidan and am quickly forgotten as soon as a television is spotted. Yes, Aidan has discovered TV... Now before you go getting all up on your anti TV high-horse - we try not to let him watch it other then for watching his Baby Einstein videos however he does occasionally catch a short viewing when the TV is on and will twist and crane his head around trying to watch it. It's really pretty funny to watch. But once the TV is spotted it's 'dad... dad who'?

You know, I'm not sure who created the infant sizing standards for clothing (if there even is one as I'm noticing that no two manufacturers of clothing seem to follow the same sizing philosophy), but geeze - what kids are they sizing these clothes for?? Some baby with the growth potential of a rock? Sized to fit infants from 3-6 months - yea, right. Maybe to fit from 2-4 months. I'm going to have to get a second and third job delivering news papers and serving up coffee in order to pay for all the new clothes the kid is going to need as he's already out growing some of his 6-9 month clothes and he's not yet 5 months old ( Aidan will be 5 months old on June 10th - send money). I have to say, for as much of a marketing to children and media behemoth as the Disney company is, they seem to be the only ones so far who have the sizing for infant cloths correct. Sure, a tiny sweatshirt with micky ears on it is $75 ($5 on eBay I'm sure), but it fits at the right time and hey, what kind of parent would I be if I didn't provide Disney logo ger gear for my son in order to be able to advertise for Disney? It's really best that Aidan learn about capitalism early in life.

Hold the presses... We have an important update... This just in.... Aidan has rolled over for the first time (as reported by his mother, I of course missed it). He's now able to occasionally roll over from his back to his front, but only when trying to reach out and grab something out to his side and with both hands. But, it's a start.

I have also noticed that Aidan is no longer as jerky in h is movements as he used to be only a few short weeks ago (must be due to watching so much TV). His head movements are smoother and he's now noticeably concentrating on using and coordinating his hand and movements - of course he still whacks me in the face if I'm too close when he's laughing, but it's worth it seeing such a happy baby, wearing a Disney sweatshirt and Mickey mouse logo pants. I'll be waiting out by the mail box for my 'thanks for having your son advertise for us' Disney rebate check.

No comments: